Modernization of the Port of Cap Haitien - Haiti
Louis Berger has won a USAID contract to supervise the construction activities for the modernisation of the Port of Cap Haitien in Northern Haiti. As a subcontractor to Louis Berger on this contract, JESCA Solutions provides the following services:
- Conduct stakeholder consultation and provide input for stakeholders conflicts resolution strategies for areas of the project under Berger control.
- Engage in community engagement for areas of the project under Berger control.
- Review existing information from the USAID
- Design a stakeholder outreach and involvement plan with clear objectives for areas of the project under Berger control. The plan stipulates for stakeholders involvement and understanding of overall project requirements, and how all stakeholder concerns will be addressed via consultations in reaching the final product.
- Assist with the integration of social safeguards, including gender, in the contracts the Client provides to Berger for review and input.
- Assist in the development of social milestones in the contracts the Client provides for review and input.
- Provide other stakeholder coordination support during the procurement process for the contracts the Client requests reviews and input.
- Assist with M&E development and monitoring during pre-construction and construction phases for social and environmental safeguards, community engagement via surveys, site visits, as examples of approaches
- Monitor and report on adherence by Client procured contractors with the social safeguards described above as specified in the Berger M&E plans and included in the Client’s contracts with its suppliers